PRODUCT RELATED QUESTIONS
DOES THIS BOARD COME WITH FINS
Some boards come with fins and others don't. Please refer to board description and Spec table on each product page.
WHAT IS PU, Soft, MX?
These are the different technologies used to construct our boards. Each technology gives has a different feature.
You can read more on our Technology pages: Surfboard Technology
and SUP Technology
CAN I RIDE A BOARD THAT IS SMALLER/LONGER THAN THE WEIGHT CHARTS RECOMMENDS?
The weight chart is based on the rider being at intermediate skill level. If you are unsure if a board would suit you please hit the Chat Now button on our web site and speak to an expert.
HOW SHOULD I LOOK AFTER MY SURFBOARD/SUP/PADDLE?
Surf, SUP and Paddle Equipment is pretty fragile and is made of fine materials. Wash it in freshwater after use and allow to dry in the shade or wipe down with a cloth. Never store your equipment in a vehicle on a hot day or leave it in direct sunlight for extended periods. Even small amounts of excessive heat can and will damage your equipment. We recommend that you always use a board cover to protect it from the elements.
CAN I BUY FROM THE GSI ONLINE STORE IF I DON'T LIVE IN AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND OR THE USA?
No sorry, currently we only ship to Australia, New Zealand and USA.
HOW DO I USE MY DISCOUNT/PROMO CARD?
If you are lucky enough to have a discount/promo code it has to be entered in the box which states 'Apply Coupon' on the View Cart page. Once you have entered the code, click on 'Apply Coupon'. You must enter the discount/promo code when you are checking out as it can't be applied later.
There are some rules around discount/promos:
Only one discount/promo code can be used per order.
As our discount/promo codes vary so do the terms and conditions of each, so make sure you check when you receive any discount/promo code.
CAN I AMEND MY ORDER?
Once you have hit confirm the order process has started. If you change your mind in any way it will be too late so please select carefully before committing to the order.
HOW CAN I PAY?
You can use any of the payment types listed below to pay for your order. Your details are safe with us as we take security very seriously indeed.
VISA, MASTERCARD, AMEX (AU & US only) and PayPal.
SHIPPING & DELIVERY
HOW MUCH IS SHIPPING?
WHERE IS MY ORDER SHIPPED FROM?
US orders ship from our logistics warehouses in LA and Atlanta. Internationally we have warehouses in Auckland and Sydney.
HOW IS MY ORDER DELIVERED?
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO RECEIVE MY ORDER?
We ship Monday - Friday, excluding public holidays. So no weekend or public holiday shipments or deliveries.
Most orders are shipped within 24 hours, so depending on where you live you should receive your order within 2-10 days of it being placed. You will receive a tracking code with your order confirmation email once your orders leaves the warehouse.
MY ORDER HAS NOT ARRIVED
If your order has not arrived by the estimated delivery date, we're here to help. Before getting in contact with us, have you tried:
- Checking the tracking link via your confirmation email to view the up to date tracking.
- Signing into my account to check we have the correct delivery address for your order and your contact details are up to date.
- Checking if you have a text message, email or attempted delivery card from one of our carriers. Your parcel may be awaiting collection at a local Post Office or delivery depot, or you may need to arrange redelivery.
- Checking with your neighbours to see if they have accepted the parcel on your behalf.
- Looking in any safe areas the driver may have left your parcel, such as behind bins or in a shed, garage or porch.
- If you still can't find your parcel, please email us using the contact us form and quote your order number. We'll reply within four hours and do our best to locate your parcel straightaway. If it cannot be found, we will arrange a replacement or refund for you.
I'M HAVING TECHNICAL ISSUE
If you're having problems accessing our website, we suggest that you have the latest version of your operating system provider e.g. Windows, OSX etc. If you're still having problems, contact our Customer Care Team
As much detail as you can about the issue.
Screen shots of any error message you get.
Which web browser you are using (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari etc.).
What you have done so far to try to resolve it.
FAULTS & RETURNS
I HAVE RECEIVED AN INCORRECT ITEM
We want to sort out any issues with incorrect items straight away. Please click the Live Chat button on our website or contact our Customer Care Team
with the order number and we'll get back to you ASAP.
CAN I RETURN AN ITEM
In the event the product have purchased online is defective and requires any form of warranty, please read our Warranty Policy (see question below for details) and contact our Customer Care Team
straightway . Please note that a change in mind does not constitute an acceptable reason for return in our mind.
You have 30 days from the receipt of the online shipment to return any defective item for credit or exchange, provided the merchandise is unused, in original condition, and is returned in the original shipping container.
I RECEIVED A FAULTY ITEM
We want to sort out any issues with faulty items straight away. If you believe you have a defective product please refer to our Warranty Policy (see question below for details). Then either click the Live Chat button at the bottom of your screen or contact our Customer Care Team
with the order number and a description of the fault and we'll get back to you ASAP.
WHAT TYPE OF WARRANTY DOES MY PRODUCT HAVE?
Global Surf Industries warranties our product to be free of major defects in material or workmanship to the original purchaser for a period of three months from the date of purchase with receipt. The warranty is limited to the following:
- The warranty is valid only for boards used on water and does not cover teaching or rental operations.
- GSI will make the final warranty determination. This may require an inspection of the equipment and/or photos which clearly show the defects. If necessary, the information must be sent to GSI and an inspection at the closest dealer/distributor may be required, postage prepaid.
- If a product is determined to be defective, the warranty covers the cost of the repair or replacement of the product only, as determined by GSI.
- Global Surf Industries is not responsible for any costs, losses or damages incurred as a result of the loss of the use of the product. This warranty does not cover the damage caused by misuse, abuse, neglect, or normal wear and tear including but not limited to sun exposure, damage caused by improper handling or storage, damage caused by waves or shore break, and damage caused by anything other than materials and workmanship.
- Snapped boards are not warranted.
- The warranty is voided if any unauthorized repair, change or modification to the equipment has been made.
- The warranty for any repaired or replaced equipment is good from the date of the original purchase only.
- Proof of purchase or Original receipts must accompany any claims.
- The name of the retailer and date of purchase with receipt must accompany any claims.
- This warrant sits alongside any consumer guarantees that you may have under the law which may not be excluded.
- Warranty claims must be processed and issued a return authorization prior to shipping to GSI.
As soon as you receive your GSI surfboard, SUP or Paddle it is advisable to register it here
for efficient warranty service should you need it.
If you believe you have a valid warranty claim please click the Live Chat button on our website or contact our Customer Care Team
with the a description of the fault and they will advise on how to proceed.